Candied Bacon & Goat Cheese Salad
A perfect summer salad with candied bacon, goat cheese, and a balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 cups roughly chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups roughly chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup candied bacon, cut into half inch slices
- ¾ cup goat cheese crumbles
- ½ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepepr
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, mix together romaine and spinach, layer the other salad ingredients atop the greens.
In a blender, mix together all dressing ingredients but the olive oil. With the blender on low, slowly stream in the olive oil.
Dress the salad lightly just before serving. Enjoy!